October 27, 2009

Vickery & Clarke Face Mask Review + Sephora DEALS


(image: CVS)

It's been awhile since my last product review. As promised in a previous Vickery & Clarke post, I give you the detoxifying mask. This natural product line is sold exclusively in CVS. I've used the mask about 3-4 times since purchasing the item. So far I'm quite happy with this product, especially since it was purchased for half the price!:) Even at its full retail value, Vickery and Clarke products are very affordable (under $15). The mask alone costs about $4.99 at full price.

Here are a few specs about the product:

  • 95.5% natural
  • Non-drying face mask
  • Contains Bentonite which "naturally detoxifies, cleanses, calms and removes impurities from the skin."
  • Directions: Apply a thin even layer twice a week on clean face and neck. Avoid eye area. Leave for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
  • Ingredients: Water, Bentonite, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Vera) Extract, Echinacea Purpurea (Echinacea) Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Peg-12 Dimethicone, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

My skin is quite sensitive and acne prone, so I was a bit hesitant to try the mask. I was pleasantly surprised with this product. It lived up to its detoxifying claim and also somewhat to the non-drying claim. It did not leave my skin as dry as other face masks, but I still felt just a tad bit of tautness around the forehead area. Nothing a little moisturizer can't remedy;) Once I layered the mask on my face, it gave my skin an immediate tingling sensation. It felt great since I was in need of a wake up call, so I highly recommend this for tired skin or if you simply need a pick-me up. Following the application of this product, my skin felt soft (despite the slight tautness) and appeared brighter. This line seems very promising and I would definitely throw the mask into my beauty rotation. Not too shabby for $5! I will definitely return to CVS to try other products from this line. Hopefully there will be another half off sale soon:)

Have you guys tried Vickery & Clarke's products? What are your favorite drugstore items?

P.S. Sephora is offering some amazing and exclusive deals for beauty insiders. If you're not an insider, sign up here for Sephora's FREE rewards program complete with perks and gifts. If you're a fan of Stila then you gotta check out their limited edition mini lip gloss trio for only $8! I'm thinking this may be a great holiday or b-day gift for the gals on my list;)

(Image: Sephora)

Another noteworthy deal is Lancome's Essential Skincare and Makeup Collection" ($68 value) for just $32!


(Image: Sephora)

I'm a big fan of Diorshow mascara (blast these short lashes of mine!) so I'm very excited to share with you the DiorShow Lash Essential set for $29!! The DiorShow in black is part of my mascara rotation and it gives my lashes that much needed oomph;) This offer is not restricted to beauty insiders.

(Image: Sephora)

Last but not least, Sephora offers 3 free samples for every order and FREE Shipping for orders over $50. They're also offering Philosophy's Amazing Grace buffing wash sample FREE with any order. Just enter the following code at checkout: BUFFING. Don't forget to stop by their sale section for potential steals. With all these deals, I may be doing some early Christmas shopping for certain Sephora loving family members.



No comments:

Post a Comment