October 3, 2011

Weekend Blurbs

WeekendBlurbsOct.jpg Weekend.Outfit | American Flavour shorts, Nordstrom BP belt & Express button down

It was quite warm this weekend, yet 'lil sis and I were craving French onion soup of all things! I adapted this recipe from How Sweet It Is (ah-mah-zing food blog, by the by). We used low sodium vegetable stock and subbed agave syrup for brown sugar. I know, I know, veggie French onion soup?! It's not too shabby;)

I try my best to eat healthy during the week, but when the weekend rolls around...gotta splurge a little! We broke a sweat while eating our soup and had to crank up the AC. Completely worth it! Haha

What's your go-to comfort food? Hope you guys had a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Hmm...looks delicious. Never had French Onion soup before must try and I'm always up for trying new recipes.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool photos, I love the palm tree shot :)
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...this is one of my fave soups! Interesting how you subbed agave syrup. Love your shorts!

    (I'm so glad you found the Navajo wrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love onion soup ! you have a really cool blog :)

    http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete