April 23, 2009

Almay PureBlends Shadow in Apricot

My first product review ever! This is quite exciting:) for me at least :) I just bought Almay's Pure Blends eye shadow in apricot at Target yesterday. They're having a 10% off sale all the Pure Blends products. It doesn't seem much, but hey at least it covers the sales tax. This line of make-up is eco-friendly and contains mostly natural ingredients. The shadow I purchased is paraben and talc free.

I was hesitant about this color at first, since my skin color has yellow undertones. I was trying to avoid the jaundice look. One swipe of the shadow was not enough for me. I had to swipe on 2-3 more layers. Love the color! I've been out and about lately, so my face is a bit more tanned (more towards the medium range). I love how the color looks against my current skin tone. The apricot color is somewhat shimmery, but not too overwhelming therefore it's translates well in the daytime. Plus, the pigment did not bring out my yellow undertones. Such a great spring/summer color! I love the simplicity of the cardboard packaging with magnetic closure, plus it's made of 58% recyclable material.

Bottom line: I would most likely buy more shadows from the Pure Blends line. I'm not too sure how this color would look in my original skin tone (medium fair), but it works for the time being! My next purchase may be the shadow in lavender and perhaps a lip gloss. Has anyone tried either the lavender shadow or gloss or other Pure Blends products? I'd love to hear your thoughts on these:)

No comments:

Post a Comment