April 25, 2009

Too Faced Make-Up Book: The Beach Bunny


Speaking of apricot shadows, I purchased Too Faced's The Beach Bunny mini pallet this past January. At the time, I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that they were 50% off. I was drawn to the vintage graphics and the color scheme in this pallet. Another great feature about the packaging is its compact nature. It's about the size of a playing card and thin enough to slide in your pocket! Unfortunately, when I came home, the shadow was a bit too orangy for me. I was not tanned at that time, so it was a bit much for my skin tone. On the other hand, the bronzer was a great color if applied sparingly:) I pulled out this pallet again, recently, and gave the shadow another shot. The apricot color was still a bit too orangy even though I'm more tanned now. This color is a shade darker compared to the Almay's Pure Blends eye shadow I reviewed below.

Sorry about the bad picture quality, but the colors are actually much more vibrant in person. This pallet comes with two lipglosses in bubble gum pink and coral. I'm not too crazy about the quality of these glosses. It was a bit too sticky and when applied, it did not glide on smoothly. Also, it had poor lasting power. This is my first time trying Too Faced lip glosses, so I'm not sure if these glosses are representative of all their lipglosses. Bottom Line: Love the bronzer. Had high hopes for the shadow but it was a bit much for my skin tone. Have you guys tried other Too Faced pallets from this line?

1 comment:

  1. nice...50% off on the too-faced products! i agree that the product gives an orange tint. i am very fair skinned, so it looks extra orange on me haha. i actually started using it as a contouring tool instead of an all-over bronzer, and buffed it in with a kabuki brush, which made the orange look hardly noticeable!

    ReplyDelete