April 25, 2009

Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo Spray

Picked up a travel size version of Oscar Blandi's dry shampoo spray for $10.00 at Ulta. I thought I would give it a try first before purchasing the full size for $21. I've tried two brands previously, Ojon's rub out dry cleanser and Rene Furterer Naturia dry shampoo. I purchased the Naturia dry shampoo at Sephora. It was highly recommended by the sales associate (or maybe because it costs $3 more than the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo I was thinking of purchasing :P). The product worked well, but I wasn't too crazy about the scent. Ojon's was just mediocre, but again I wasn't too happy with the scent. It left my hair smelling like incense.

The Oscar Blandi dry shampoo was a bit of a disappointment, as well. I'm not sure if I had a bad batch, but it left grainy residue on my hair even after an hour or so. The powder didn't dissolve into my hair as well as the Naturia brand and it was quite obvious against my black hair. I attempted to comb it through to evenly distribute the powder. It was a bit of a hassle especially when you're in a rush.

Bottom Line: The scent of Oscar Blandi's dry shampoo was great. Smelled fresh and clean especially when you don't have time to wash your hair in the morning:) I probably will not purchase this product again, just because of the grainy powder residue it left on my hair. Out of all 3 brands that I've tried so far (and if scent was not a factor), I would recommend Rene Furterer Naturia dry shampoo. T3 has a fairly new dry shampoo line, 360 degrees Refresh Volumizing Dry Shampoo. Has anyone tried this brand recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment